Wednesday 9 September 2009

If you want to get ahead, get a hat

As promised I have put together a little collage of some of the weird and wonderful head gear we saw at the Liffey Descent last weekend. The first Liffey race was held in 1960 and 50 years on it is still the biggest, toughest and most challenging river marathon in the world. It is 17 miles of weirs and rapids, with a large lake and a 500m portage thrown in along the way. I first watched the race in 2007 and as I stood in the grounds of the K Club at Straffan weir and waited for my OH and friends to come over the edge my heart was in my mouth, it was truly terrifying. Above the thundering roar of the water the commentator could be heard to say, "There's carnage at Straffan" and that description was very apt. I will post photos of the actual race later in the week, but for now here are some of the colourful hats we saw along the way.



























3 comments:

Maria said...

Jazzy! Tag for you over on my diary blog (gaelikaasdiary.blogspot.com). There's not too much work involved I promise!

Anonymous said...

An award over at mine-

http://melroxx.blogspot.com/2009/09/send-it-on.html

Ann said...

Wonderful pictures Jazzy, especially love the " hey you Jimmy hats ".