Monday 17 August 2009

Lughnasa Fair

I have finally got round to posting some pictures of the Lughnasa Fair at Carrick Castle. I love these medieval type fairs because there are always lots of characters to take pics of but the one at Carrick is one of my favourites because the location is just so lovely. I made a scrapbook layout from this years pics as I know I definitely want to get it printed out so it can go in my 2009 book.

The fair was full of things to do. There were people dressed up as medieval characters, children's entertainers, art & craft workshops, archery and birds of prey demonstrations, face painting, acrobats, story telling, street theatre and of course plenty of stalls selling local crafts, speciality foods, coffee & tea and a mouth watering range of snacks. Unfortunately I left it too late in the day to get something tasty and all the strawberries & cream crepes were gone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jazzy!
My husband and I are taking a trip to Belfast this summer. We are from Texas and would like your opinion on whehter we should go to the Lughnasa Fair. Is it something to we should make a point to doing?
Thanks
Sara